29:09

Initially appeared on vox.com on 10/4/2009.

This year i finished The Greatest 5K Ever in 29:09.

I realize that this year's finish is 5 seconds slower than last year, which marked my "breaking" of the artificial 30-minute barrier.  However i do have an excuse in that i ran while pushing Adrian along in a stroller.

Running in the "stroller division," i mistakenly thought that i would have a chance at placing... unfortunately i finished fifth out of six, and the only one i beat was a lady just lazily walked through with a Maclaren.  Argh!  At least when i try to manually look for my overall place it looks like i'm in the vicinity of 170/296.  I guess i'll just have to take comfort in the fact that i still outran almost half of the field while "handicapped."  I must admit that i did feel a twinge of schadenfreude whenever i overtook someone.

Anyway, i wasn't really looking to PR, but rather just to gauge my level of readiness for the upcoming half-marathon in two weeks.  I guess i'm somewhat fit now, as breaking 30 minutes didn't bring me as close to death's door as it did last year.  I still most likely won't reach the magical 2-hour mark, but i will try my darndest to get as close as i can.

No comments: