29:04

Initially appeared on vox.com on 10/5/2008.

I finally broke through my personal glass ceiling by completing The Greatest 5k Ever in less than 30 minutes.

Not that it really means anything in the grand scheme of things. I'll probably never be anything more than an insignificant little gnat to the running world at large, but i must admit that this minor achievement makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I mean that figuratively, as i my butt nearly froze off running in 40-degree weather.

I'd like to finish my next 5k in less than 25:00, but before then i think i'll have to start seriously training for a 10k. For now it's a little too cold to keep running outside, so i think it may be the end of the season for me. Not too shabby for an asthmatic chicken-legged starcraft addict with a dislocatable shoulder.

No comments: